- CSC Scholarship-Bilateral Prog...
- CSC Scholarship—Chinese Univer...
- CSC Scholarship Silk Road & Gr...
- CSC Scholarship Exchange progr...
- MOFCOM Scholarship
- Confucius Institute Scholarshi...
- Zhejiang Normal University Co...
- Zhejiang Provincial Government...
- Sistercity Scholarship of Jinh...
- ZJNU Scholarship for Outstandi...
Starting from 2008, the Academic Education Programs sponsored by the Ministry of Commerce of People’s Republic of China is designed to foster top cadre business officials and managerial personnel from the recipient countries, offering one-year or two-year master programs as well as three-year doctoral programs for the purpose of offering inter-disciplinary education to top-level personnel working in the fields of government, trade, foreign affairs, agriculture, technology, education, culture, and health, building intellectual capacity and facilitating the economic and social development of the recipient countries. These programs provide assistance to government officials, research fellows, and senior managerial personnel for their master's and doctoral education in China. The programs are fully conducted in English. Admission requirements include a bachelor’s degree, relevant working experiences, and good health conditions, essential for the high-compact curriculum programs.
1. Financial Aid
1) Exemption from tuition fees, teaching materials fees, research and investigation fees, English teaching subsidies, and graduation thesis guidance fees;
2) Free access to on-campus accommodation;
3) Living subsidy: 36000 RMB/Yr. for each master degree student; 42000 RMB/Yr. for each doctoral degree student;
4) Settlement allowance: 3000RMB/person;
5) Comprehensive medical insurance in China;
6) Free round-trip international air ticket: 1 time for students studying for one year; for those studying for two years or more, 1 time of free round-trip international air ticket plus n-1(n for the number of schooling years) time(s) of round-trip air ticket for returning home to visit relatives;
7) All degree students are required to participate in the annual review, and those who pass the academic performance assessment can continue to enjoy the full scholarship in the second year;
8) Other expenses are managed by the Ministry of Commerce or the school, and won’t be distributed to the students. The Ministry of Commerce only provides funding for students within the academic system. The student whose graduation is postponed will not continue to receive funding.
All applicants must meet the following admission requirements:
1) The Applicants must be healthy non-Chinese citizens under the age of 45 (born after Sept. 1, 1975) from the developing countries;
2) All applicants shall be in good physical and mental conditions. A health certificate or medical report issued by a local public hospital is required. The Applicants should have no diseases prohibited by China’s Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Laws and Regulations from entering China or from staying in China for a long time, including severe hypertension, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, cancer, other chronic diseases, mental disorders, or infectious diseases which may have a serious impact on public health. Applicants who are in the period from a major surgery recovery, onset of the acute disease, or have severe disabilities will not be considered. Females during pregnancy are not allowed to participate in training in China. If the Applicant becomes pregnant while studying in China, she will be expelled from school.
3) Bachelor degree or above with three or more years of work experience;
4) Applicants with professional learning or working background related to the program and still in service will be preferable;
5) Serving as public officials at the department level or above (or corresponding levels) of the government of the home country, senior management personnel of various institutions and enterprises, or academic backbones of universities and scientific research institutions;
6) The Applicants must be proficient in English and utilizing English for specialty course study. (Reference Standard: IELTS 6.0 or above in overall band score, or new TOEFL 80 or above);
7) Applicants should be equipped with the potential for career development in this field and intends to promote friendly exchanges and cooperation between the home country and China
8) Students having studied in China or having been admitted to other Chinese government scholarship programs are not allowed to apply.
(1) Application to Zhejiang Normal University
A. Please apply online on the university website:
B. All the applicants should apply online and upload scanned copies of the required documents in the online application system, and there is no need to send the documents to our email again.
The financial source should be MOFCOM Scholarship.
(2) Application for Chinese Government Scholarship
Please visit the online application system of the Chinese Scholarship Council at http://www.campuschina.org/, and register for an account. Select the program “Chinese Government Scholarship”, fill in all the required information, and an application form will be created. Print out the form, ensure that name and date is hand-written on the form, and then affix a passport size photo on it. To complete the form successfully, please note the following information:
A. The agency No. of Zhejiang Normal University is 10345; For the master program, Discipline is “Education”, Major is “Comparative Education”
B. The CSC number on the form will be used when filling out the 201 Form for Studying in China.
Applicants should prepare the following materials before submitting the application:
Institutional Recommendation Letter
Issued by the applicant's institution to introduce your basic information and indicate that they are willing to recommend you to study in China.
Academic Recommendation Letter
Issued by an associate professor or above to introduce the applicant’s academic background, professional direction, previous performance, and research capability.
An original copy and a photocopy shall be prepared for each degree, including the graduation certificate and degree certificate of the highest academic qualifications.
The Transcripts must list all courses taken and all scores obtained.
The Personal statement must be written in English and be 1000 words in length. It shall cover such essential elements as the applicant’s academic background, work experience, achievements, and future career plans, including aspirations and goals in the study at Zhejiang Normal University.
Personal background information, and learning and working experience after senior high school; in English.
Personal aspiration for study and research tasks to be accomplished.
Photocopy of a Valid Passport
The passport must be a personal regular passport. A diplomatic passport or an official passport is not acceptable for the application. All successful candidates must enter China and register with Zhejiang Normal University using the same passport as used for applying for the program.
English Language Proficiency Test Results
Applicants who are not native English speakers or whose undergraduate education was not conducted in English shall provide the TOEFL or IELTS test score. The GRE test is recommended but not required.
Physical Examination Form
Please visit our website http://iso.zjnu.edu.cn/wownloads/list.htm
for the Physical Examination Form for your consideration. It should indicate that the applicant carries no infectious diseases which may have a serious impact on public health or fall into any of the health situations prohibited by China’s Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Laws and Regulations.
A. The Applicants can apply for this scholarship program only after having obtained the approval and recommendation of the relevant responsible department of the home government and submit the materials according to the specific requirements of the relevant department in your home country;
B. If the home government allows the applicant to submit the materials directly to the Chinese embassy, the applicant must obtain a relevant certificate or recommendation letter for allowing study in China from the host country. Then submit all the application materials listed above in steps 1), 2) and 3) in both hard copy and scanned copy to the Economic and Commercial Counselor’s Office of the Chinese Embassy in your home country. The Hard copy must include both the original copy and the photocopy, as indicated in the table. For emails and addresses of the Economic and Commercial Counselor’s Offices, please visit http://www.china-aibo.cn.
C. The relevant responsible department of the government in your home countries will submit a written request to the Economic and Commercial Counselor’s Office of the Chinese Embassy for an official recommendation letter and clearly state: whether the applicant is willing to be considered for the same or a similar program at other universities if there is no vacancy in the programs at ZJNU. Other special requests if any.
D. After receiving the official recommendation letter, the applicants should apply online on the CSC website (www.campuschina.org), and all the required documents should be uploaded online in scanned copies.
Deadline of Application April 2021
Office for International Students, Zhejiang Normal University
Address: 688 Yingbin Avenue, Jinhua City, Zhejiang Province, 321004, P.R. China
*Please refer to the program brochure below for more details: