Application Bulletin for Non-degree Chinese language Programs for 2020
Application Bulletin for Non-degree Chinese language Programs for 2020
Founded in 1956, Zhejiang Normal University (ZJNU) is one of five few key comprehensive universities in Zhejiang province. According to the China University Ranking, ZJNU is one of the top 100 universities in China. Chemistry, Materialogy, Mathematics, Engineering are the four top 1% disciplines in the world according to the ESI (Essential Science Index) global ranking. The university consists of 19 colleges and offers 68 undergraduate programs, 53 master’s programs, 29 doctoral programs and 1 non-degree Chinese language program for international students. There are over 30000 students in ZJNU among whom over 3000 are international students. ZJNU has established 6 Confucius institutes and is the only university in China who won“Outstanding Confucius Institute Chinese Partners of the Year” for 6 years in a row. In recent years, ties of academic exchange and cooperation have been set up between this university and over 280 foreign universities and research institutes in more than 60 countries and regions.
1. Applicant should be aged between 18 and 50 (born after September 1, 1970);
2. Applicant should be non-Chinese citizens with valid regular foreign passport;
*Residents of Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan who have emigrated to a foreign country and who are now applying to study in China as international students must have held a valid foreign passport for at least 4 years, and must have actually resided in a foreign country for at least 2 years in the past 4 years (as of April 30, 2020). (9 months of residence in a foreign country may count as a full year. The dates of the entry and exit stamps in the passport will be followed in the determination of the actual length of foreign residence).
3. Applicant should hold a high school diploma with a satisfactory academic record;
4. Applicant should have no criminal record and no drug addiction history;
5. Aplicant should be in good health and have no serious infectious diseases.
II. Application Deadline:
Spring Semester:January 3rd, 2020
Fall Semstet: July 30, 2020.
* Late applications will not be considered.
III. Application Procedures
Applicants should apply online at http://admission.zjnu.edu.cn.
Or Scan the QR code to apply
Applicants are expected to keep their phones on and check their online application account and email regularly as ZJNU’s Admissions Office may contact them when necessary.
IV. Application Documents
Applicants must provide true and correct information in all application documents:
1.Registration photo: 2 inch recent colored photo;
2.Copy of passport: provide the personal information page and the passport should remain valid at least on Oct 31, 2020;
3.Cope of visa: applicants in China must provide;
4.Copy of your notarized high school diploma:
Prospective students must submit official proof of student status by their current school. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations. Please take the original copy of your current highest diploma with you for registration.
5.Copy of your high school academic transcripts (Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.) or UEC/A Level/ AP/IB/ SAT/ACT result；
6. Foreigner physical examination form: bearing the stamp of the hospital. Physical examination results are valid for 6 months.
（Download atPHYSICAL EXAMINATION RECORD FOR FOREIGNER.pdf and complete it in Chinese or English, The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.)
7. Police Certificate;
8. A statement of no drug addiction history;
9. Bank Statement: to prove that the applicant has sufficient funds to cover his or her tuition, accommodation, living expenses and international travels during his or her study in China. Only applicant himself/herself or his/her family can act as a financial sponsor.
10. Applicant who is studying in China when s/he applies, s/he should provide study pervormance statement from the universities they are studying in to clarify the participation, academic and non academic performances including but not limited to whether the students have violated any regulations or not.
(1) . All the application materials in languages other than Chinese or English must be accompanied by the original copy and its notarized translation in Chinese or English. It is advised to have the original copy and its translation notarized at the Chinese Embassy in the applicant’s home country. Please stamp on the edges of all sheets with part of the impression on each sheet if the document consists of more than one page.
(2) Applicants are expected to submit a complete set of application materials and will be held accountable for the authenticity of their documents. Incomplete or forged materials will be rejected.
(3) In general, there is no need to mail original hard-copy materials through courier service. However, under extraordinary circumstances, the University reserves the rights to require applicants to mail original hard-copy documents for further review and identification. No application materials will be returned, regardless of the outcome of the application.
V. Admission and Selection
There will be a comprehensive review of the applicant’s foreign identity, diploma and diploma, academic performance, language proficiency and other aspects of applicants’ comprehensive abilities and select the best students. Exams or interviews will be organized if required by departments and will inform the applicants in advance.
The outcome of application will be published on the application system of the Admissions Office in one month after all applicants’ materials are successfully submitted. Admission Notices and Student Visa Application Forms (JW202) for successful applicants will be mailed out in 1 month after students pay off the aplication fee. Applicans should check the application system (http://admission.zjnu.edu.cn) regularly to check the result and the courier checking numbers.
VI. Duration of study
1 semester or 1 year
VII. Application Fee:
RMB 400 (payable upon signing up online; non-refundable)
VIII. Tuition Fee (cost of course materials not included)
RMB 14,000 per year.
Note: Tuition fees are subject to change without prior notice upon approval by price regulators.
VIIII. Study Expenses
(1) The university offers 2 international student dormitories, i.e. Qiming international students Dormitory and international exchange Center Dormitory equiped with private bathrooms, air-conditioners, internet access, shared laundries, etc..
(2) The international student dormitories offer single room and double room. The cost is as below:
Single room: RMB 2250/person/semester;
Double room: RMB 4500/person/semester;
(3) CSC and CIS scholarship students whose scholarship provides free accomodation are not allowed to live outside campus in principle.
2. Cuisine expenses:
Around RMB 800/person/year (expenses differs according to different people’s life style);
Please refer to the details of each scholarship program in the column of scholarship on university admission website: http://iso.zjnu.edu.cn
★Confucius Institute Scholarship(CIS Scholarship)
For the purpose of cultivating qualified Chinese language teachers and facilitating the promotion of Chinese language and culture, the Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban) launches “Confucius Institute Scholarship” (CIS) to support outstanding students, scholars and currently employed Chinese language teachers recommended by Confucius Institutes, independently operated Confucius Classrooms as well as some HSK test centers (hereinafter collectively referred to as “recommending institutions”) to study in Chinese universities and colleges (hereinafter referred to as “host institutions”).
ZJNU offers one-semester, one-year, bachelor and master CIS scholarship program for degree and non degree students. Please refer to university admission website http://iso.zjnu.edu.cn for details.
Applicant should contact confucius in home country and HSK test centers to get recommendation and apply in Confucius Institute Headquarters’ (Hanban’s) application system http://cis.chinese.cn
2020 Fall semester: March 1st, 2020 to May 10th, 2020
2021 Spring Semester: November 10th, 2020
Application deadlines subject to university admission website release http://iso.zjnu.edu.cn
XI. Contact information
International Student Office（for international student recruitment, admission, administration）
Telephone : +86 (0)579 82283155 Fax : +86 (0)579 82280337
Address: Room 416 of Northern Administration Building,Zhejiang Normal University, No. 688 Yingbin Avenue, Jinhua City, Zhejiang Province, China 321004
Marijuana and drug addiction is illegal and strictly prohibited by Chinese laws, University physical examination include drug addiction test.
The English version of these Guidelines is provided for reference and as a general guide ONLY. In case of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions, the Chinese version shall prevail. These Guidelines may not be reproduced without authorization.